Wheel Building Class
January 12, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm UTC-5$225.00
This class is designed to teach a participant how to build a wheel from scratch. This will cover:
- Parts selection and basic differences in hub/rim/spoke technology
- Lacing patterns
- Spoke calculations / cutting / prep
- Physical lacing of a wheel
- Truing and final wheel inspections
This class is for anyone with basic bicycle knowledge and some mechanical abilities, but no prior knowledge of wheel building or maintenance is needed.
The base cost for the class is to cover all instruction, if you would like, during the first class, participants can also purchase the parts needed to build their own wheel during the class so you can take them home when completed.
Class structure is four sessions at 2 ½ hours long. If you are interested in the class but can not make the time posted, please send us an email (Ted@metropoliscycles.bike) and we can look into adding more classes!
This session will be on:
- January 12th 6:30pm – 9pm
- January 19th 6:30pm – 9pm
- January 26th 6:30pm – 9pm
- Febuary 2nd 6:30pm – 9pm